Improvement Specialist: Strategic Improvement
This programme is ideal for those leading the local deployment of improvement strategy, in supporting the delivery of business goals. Suitable candidates would be employees who provide technical expertise in structured improvement methods and advanced tools, or are responsible for leading advanced cross-functional improvement projects. Improvement Specialists would be seen as those responsible for co-ordinating Practitioner level training, projects, and activities.
Typically, Specialists are office-based but will be required to get involved wherever the improvement activities take place. Working on multiple simultaneous projects, they identify and engage both subject matter experts and key stakeholders, having the ability to work both autonomously and with others.
The Improvement Specialist programme provides your employees with the skills, knowledge, and behaviours required for:
- Leading improvement teams, capability development, Lean concepts & tools, project planning, reviews and coaching, measurement system analysis
- Principles & methods for improvement, change planning, process mapping and analysis, process capability and performance
- Data acquisition planning, statistics & measures, data analysis-statistical methods and Statistical Process Control
- Failure mode avoidance, root cause analysis, experimentation & optimisation, voice of the customer, sustainability & control
Value Added Delivery
Qualification CQM T&C can underpin the delivery of the apprenticeship programmes with a Lean Six Sigma qualification.
Measurable Impact Each project will be defined, qualified and approved within a Profit Improvement Plan (PIP), agreed with you in advance. The PIP is a great management tool and clearly demonstrates the progress of each project using DMAIC and a RAG rating.
Mentors We can help identify, and advise on a suitable Mentor within your organisation. We are able to provide coaching to the nominated Mentor so that they fully understand their role and what will be required of them, but also understand the guidelines within which they operate and to whom they report.
Company Values CQM T&C are experienced at mapping company values into the delivery of an apprenticeship programme, and completely understand the importance of doing so, to ensure the programme instils the right behaviours and culture on site.
Typical Outcomes of Improvement Specialist
- Knowledge and toolset to solve complex and persistent business problems to dramatically improve bottom-line results
- Ability to assist organisational leaders in shaping the future of the business and in leading high-level projects
- An in-depth understanding of Six Sigma, Lean and Change Management
- A powerful roadmap and toolset to solve complex problems efficiently and effectively
- Sustained improvement with a drive for results
- Adoption of a proactive approach to Health & Safety
Additional Areas of Expertise
Our skill lies in identifying the current and ongoing needs of your business. To find out how we can further assist in developing your staff please ask for information on our range of programmes which focus upon Leadership and Management Development, Strategy Development and Project Based Consultancy work.
Level of Delivery
Min. Functional Skills Entry Requirements
English GCSE A-C (4-9) / FS 2 Maths GCSE A-C (4-9) / FS 2 (A-level Maths an advantage)
Pan Sector (Manufacturing & Service)
End Point Assessment
Professional discussion, underpinned by portfolio of evidence and an examination, based on mini case-studies
“It has pushed production targets in the right direction, met some significant challenges within retailer audits and produced a best site accolade for our CI targets.”
Did you know this course can be tailored to your specific requirements?
Contact us for more information about tailored training.
Did you know?
Arla Foods is a global dairy company and co-operative owned by 12,600 dairy farmers about 2,800 of whom are British. The milk from Arla framers goes into a full range of fresh dairy products to the UK’s major retailers and foodservice customers.
Bradford based Jacuzzi is a recognised market leader in the manufacture of kitchen sinks, taps and accessories for onward international sale, producing in excess of one million units per annum.
Need guidance on your Levy Spend?
Download our Levy Calculator now to accurately plan and forecast your ongoing monthly, and annual spend on Apprenticeship programmes
Need advice? Training Needs Analysis
Gain a complete understanding of the current and ongoing requirements of all your employees from the shop-floor to the boardroom
Need to improve your Operational Performance?
We provide tailored training, development and consultancy solutions to drive sustainable changes in culture and deliver a tangible ROI