Introduction & Overview
Version:1; Review Date: June 2021; Author: Andy Cheshire
COVID-19 is an infectious virus which started in China in December 2019 and has spread worldwide during 2020. It is important that the employees, learners and other partners of CQM are protected from COVID-19 as far as practicable. This policy sets out our general principles but it should be noted that all current regulation in place, published at gov.uk, should always be the overarching principles.
It is the nature of our business that that it is necessary at times to attend employer sites for effective programme delivery, and attend our offices to access resources that cannot practicably or legally be stored at home. The following ALARP (as low a risk as practicable possible) principles should guide the decisions made:
Employees should work from home as a first option.
Employees should never go into an public environment if they have COVID-19, suspect they have COVID-19 or are living with a family member who has COVID-19. An alternative solution should be found. We will enable employees who are able to work from home in these circumstances.
For employees going into any non-home environment, whether that is the office, an employer site or third-party site, a risk analysis will be undertaken and available to all parties which will encompass the general principles (in order of application) of:
- Carrying out effective hand-washing or hand-sanitisation
- Carrying out effective sanitization of common contact surfaces such as door handles
- No sharing of equipment (e.g. marker pens, laptops)
- Avoiding small enclosed spaces (especially relevant on programme delivery) – consider outside meetings or larger, well ventilated meeting rooms
- Maintaining 2m social distancing as far as practicable
- Reducing contact time (using blended learning more)
- Where 2m social distancing is not possible, utilization of screens or barriers, back to back or side to side contact, staggering arrival and departure times, reducing numbers
- As a last resort, PPE may need to be employed. In this case, a CQM director must sign this off as it must be demonstrated that all previous safeguards have been employed first and there is an essential business need
The general risk assessments for office and site-based working will be available on our website. Specific risk assessments will be carried out for each site that we visit, as each circumstance will be different. These will be maintained in each client file for inspection by employees and the employers which we work with.
Access to all resources necessary will be provided to CQM employees free of charge or a reimbursable basis.