Executing Operational Excellence
Improvement Specialist Level 5: Strategic Improvement
Typically, Specialists are office-based but will be required to get involved wherever the improvement activities take place. Working on multiple simultaneous projects, they identify and engage both subject matter experts and key stakeholders, having the ability to work both autonomously and with others.
Improvement Specialists will gain essential skills for:
- Leading improvement teams, capability development, Lean concepts & tools, project planning, reviews and coaching, measurement system analysis
- Principles & methods for improvement, change planning, process mapping and analysis, process capability and performance
- Data acquisition planning, statistics & measures, data analysis-statistical methods and Statistical Process Control
- Failure mode avoidance, root cause analysis, experimentation & optimisation, voice of the customer, sustainability & control
Value Added Delivery
Qualification: CQM T&C can underpin the delivery of the apprenticeship programmes with a Lean Six Sigma qualification.
Measurable Impact: Each project will be defined, qualified and approved within a Profit Improvement Plan (PIP), agreed with you in advance. The PIP is a great management tool and clearly demonstrates the progress of each project using DMAIC and a RAG rating.
Mentors: We can help identify, and advise on a suitable Mentor within your organisation. We are able to provide coaching to the nominated Mentor so that they fully understand their role and what will be required of them, but also understand the guidelines within which they operate and to whom they report.
Company Values: CQM T&C are experienced at mapping company values into the delivery of an apprenticeship programme, and completely understand the importance of doing so, to ensure the programme instils the right behaviours and culture on site.
Typical Outcomes of Improvement Specialist
- Knowledge and toolset to solve complex and persistent business problems to dramatically improve bottom-line results
- Ability to assist organisational leaders in shaping the future of the business and in leading high-level projects
- An in-depth understanding of Six Sigma, Lean and Change Management
- A powerful roadmap and toolset to solve complex problems efficiently and effectively
- Sustained improvement with a drive for results
- Adoption of a proactive approach to Health & Safety
Guaranteed Return on Investment
With a focus on sustainability and measured improvement, our development programmes always guarantee a significant Return on Investment, seen not only through financial gain, but importantly through positive behavioural change.
Flexible Delivery Model
Our highly experienced team of experts deliver all the training on site at your organisation. We work closely with you to establish a convenient and viable schedule of release for those participating on the training.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Our skill lies in identifying the current and ongoing needs of your business. To find out how we can further assist in developing your staff please ask for information on our range of programmes which focus upon Leadership and Management Development, Strategy Development and Project Based Consultancy work.
Level of Delivery:
End Point Assessment:
Professional discussion, underpinned by a portfolio of evidence and an examination, based on mini case-studies.
“It has pushed production targets in the right direction, met some significant challenges within retailer audits and produced a best site accolade for our CI targets.”
Site Director, Arla Oakthorpe
CQM Training & Consultancy are part of the Instructus Group of companies