Changeover reduction (SMED techniques, set-up reduction)
This practical workshop will teach you a systematic method for reducing changeover or set-up time which you can then apply to your own processes. Examples of application of the techniques would be:
- Set-up of an operating theatre
- Make-ready time for a printing press
- A flavour change in a food processing plant
- Why reduce changeover time?
- What should you aim for on changeover – number/time
- History and concepts of changeover reduction
- Measurement in changeover reduction
- Understanding the steps of changeover reduction
- Team roles in changeover reduction
- Collecting data: the plan
- Collecting data: actual
- Analysing the data: internal and external elements
- Trialling solutions
- Optimising external tasks
- Workplace organisation
- Locking in the solution: standard work and visualisation
- Agreeing future actions for your organisation
You will work on a practical changeover reduction during the day, working systematically through the steps and measuring the improvement.
Who should attend?
If you have processes with long and/or variable changeover time, this course will give you the skills to
- Senior managers and directors.
- Functional managers and operations management
- Team Leaders, staff or shop floor
- Improvement facilitators or CI managers
It is often useful if more than one delegate attends from an organisation as changeover reduction by its nature requires a good, structured facilitation approach in the workplace.
How will this workshop improve yours and your organisations performance
- You will be able to tackle a changeover reduction from start to finish
- You will be able to explain the concepts of changeover reduction to others in your organisation
- You will be able to convince others that they can achieve more capacity out of their existing processes
- Your organisation will be able to systematically improve flexibility to customers by targeting wasteful changeovers
Level of Delivery: Intermediate
Optional Certificate: Yes
Entry Requirements: N/A
Cohort Size: 2-12
Programme Duration: 1 day
Route: Lean Six Sigma
Delivery Location: On-site Client Location
Sectors: Pan Sector (Manufacturing & Service)
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Did you know this course can be tailored to your specific requirements?
Optional on-site coaching of projects
Deliver real business improvements and drive significant bottom line savings with our expert on-site coaching, that will embed a culture of continuous improvement.
Need guidance on your Levy Spend?
Download our Levy Calculator now to accurately plan and forecast your ongoing monthly, and annual spend on Apprenticeship programmes
Need advice? Training Needs Analysis
Gain a complete understanding of the current and ongoing requirements of all your employees from the shop-floor to the boardroom
Need to improve your Operational Performance?
We provide tailored training, development and consultancy solutions to drive sustainable changes in culture and deliver a tangible ROI