"Apprenticeships are just for school leavers taking up a manual trade, right?"
Wrong. Apprenticeships aren’t just for young people or indeed the manual sector. Apprenticeships are designed to develop knowledge, improve skills and instil the right behaviours for anyone, at any level, in any business or industry looking to boost development and progression opportunities.
Discover our Apprenticeship Delivery, the Key Benefits of an Apprenticeship for the Learner & Organisation and further information on funding below.
What are Apprenticeships and how are they funded?
Apprenticeship Standards today span entry level to senior management, and have been built by industry for industry, so the key knowledge, skills and behaviours learned and developed really do make a true, measurable difference for the learner and the organisation alike.
Apprenticeships are funded using the Apprenticeship Levy Scheme, which is paid into by organisations falling within a set criteria. The UK Government set up the Apprenticeship Levy Scheme as a way to raise captital to promote and incentivise investment in Apprenticeship training, to in turn upskill the UK workforce. The funding is available to all organisations, regardless if they pay into the Levy or not, presenting a realistic opportunity for anyone looking to advance their employee’s learning and prospects. You can find out more about funding below.
- Learn and improve on key Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that can be applied in the workplace straightaway
- Enhance own Personal Development and take advantage of new opportunities as they arise
- Determine specific routes of progression/career path
- Gain a greater commitment from your employer to support your growth and contribution
- Exposure across different departments, gaining insights and developing working relationships
- Enjoy greater empowerment & capability to make a real difference
- Standards built by industry for industry so covers exactly what is needed to create a true impact on the business and the learner’s ability
- Orchestrating Levy Spend effectively to improve operational excellence
- Increase employee engagement, satisfaction & wellbeing
- Support employee retention, upskilling and personal development
- Boost productivity and create measurable efficiency gains
- See significant impact and throughput on KPI’s
- Take advantage of incentives from Government where applicable
The Apprenticeship Levy is a form of taxation paid by employers falling into a certain criteria. It is then accumulated, with the funds accessible by not only those that pay into the Apprenticeship Levy, but smaller organisations who do not. The funds can be used to support key learning and development, utilising them on Apprenticeships.
- It applies to those with a payroll of more than £3 million
- It is used to fund apprenticeship training, for workers based in England at least 50% of the time
- The levy is charged at 0.5% of an employer’s total payroll
- It is collected monthly through PAYE
For those that pay into the Apprenticeship Levy, it is important that they understand how and when to use their funds to tie in to their overall organisational goals. Why not check out our Levy Calculator.
Founded in 1980, Synseal Group is the UK’s fastest growing and most dynamic window and conservatory systems manufacturer. Synseal remains fully independent and is owned by the people that run the company on a day-to-day basis following a successful MBO in February 2010. The management team drives Synseal’s commitment to provide the best products at competitive prices by continually investing in and enhancing the wide product range to deliver the most innovative and efficient product solutions which add real value to customers’ businesses.