5S Workplace Management
5S Workplace Covers:
Workplace management is the systematicassessment and improvement of the working environment.
This pratcical course will help you understand the value of workplace organisation and the impact it has on efficiency and the working environment.
This course will raise awareness of 5S and the benefits it delivers:
- To the business and to your teams
- To build understanding of what roles individuals play in making 5S a success
- To build commitment, support & confidence in relation to 5S
- Introduction to 5S
- Benefits of 5S
- Red tagging
- Removing unnecessary items
- Determining equipment requirements
- Equipment layout
- Storage methods
- Visual Management
- General Cleaning
- Cleaning as part of equipment inspection and preventative maintenance
- Activity planning and resourcing
- Developing procedures
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Implementation plan development
5S methodology is applicable in all workplaces across the economy from Manufcaturing to Service. When employed correctly the benefits can be significant:
- Simplifies the work environment
- Ensures work materials are readily available
- Reduce waste, avoid confusion and prevent errors
- Eliminate useless activities
- Improve efficiency
- Increase safety and quality of life
Who should attend?
- Functional managers and operations management
- Improvement facilitators or CI managers
- Team Leaders & Supervisors
Level of Delivery: Foundation
Optional Certificate: Yes
Entry Requirements: N/A
Cohort Size: 2-12
Programme Duration: 1 day
Route: Lean Six Sigma
Delivery Location: On-site Client Location
Sectors: Pan Sector (Manufacturing & Service)
“I was impressed with the way CQM T&C rapidly achieved a good team spirit and even more impressed with the level of enthusiasm that was generated by CQM T&C.”
Did you know this course can be tailored to your specific requirements?
Optional on-site coaching of projects
Deliver real business improvements and drive significant bottom line savings with our expert on-site coaching, that will embed a culture of continuous improvement.
Need guidance on your Levy Spend?
Download our Levy Calculator now to accurately plan and forecast your ongoing monthly, and annual spend on Apprenticeship programmes
Need advice? Training Needs Analysis
Gain a complete understanding of the current and ongoing requirements of all your employees from the shop-floor to the boardroom
Need to improve your Operational Performance?
We provide tailored training, development and consultancy solutions to drive sustainable changes in culture and deliver a tangible ROI