Supervising work on food and drink production lines within food manufacturing businesses
This programme is aimed at those working or starting work in skilled or technical operator roles in automated food and drink businesses.
Advanced Process Operators work on production lines in manufacturing plants, but will spend some time offline while working on activities such as new product development. They have both knowledge and skills in preventative maintenance activities and Continuous Improvement (CI) techniques, which are essential to maintaining and improving productivity in food and drink manufacturing sites.
Process Operator will gain the skills knowledge and behaviours to:
- The Advanced Ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations, eg Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Contribute to risk assessment
- Analyse and report data, anticipate potential problems or delays and plan accordingly
- Use problem solving techniques to eliminate root cause of problems
- Evaluate and improve production in line with Continuous Improvement (CI) techniques and take responsibility for CI activity
- Take action to minimise waste
- Carry out routine and specialist maintenance of equipment, in line with organisational guidelines
- Execute incident management protocols and support a variety of internal audits
- Participate in external audits, in line with organisational procedures
- Contribute to the development and improvement of quality controls and carry out testing for quality control
- Take part in mentoring, buddying and on-the-job training
- Interpret and implement Standard Operating Procedures to ensure working towards best practices
Value Added Delivery
Measurable Impact Each project will be defined, qualified and approved within a Profit Improvement Plan (PIP), agreed with you in advance. The PIP is a great management tool and clearly demonstrates the progress of each project using DMAIC and a RAG rating.
Mentors We can help identify, and advise on a suitable Mentor within your organisation. We are able to provide coaching to the nominated Mentor so that they fully understand their role and what will be required of them, but also understand the guidelines within which they operate and to whom they report.
Company Values CQM T&C are experienced at mapping company values into the delivery of an apprenticeship programme, and completely understand the importance of doing so, to ensure the programme instils the right behaviours and culture on site.
- Safe working: ensures safety of self and others, food safe, challenges safety issues
- Self-development: proposes objectives to support the business, seeks learning, drives the development of self and others
- Working in a team: builds good relationships with others, works collaboratively, contributes ideas and challenges appropriately, leads by example
- Problem solving: works to identify and ensure root causes are resolved, demonstrating a tenacious approach
- Responsiveness to change: flexibility to changing working environment and demands
- Company/industry perspective: desire to learn about the company and food industry, acts as an ambassador
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Acts in alignment with the business vision and values
Additional Areas of Expertise
Our skill lies in identifying the current and ongoing needs of your business. To find out how we can further assist in developing your staff please ask for information on our range programmes which focus upon Leadership and Management Development, Strategy Development and Project Based Consultancy work.
Level of Delivery
Level 3 Diploma in Food & Drink Operations
Min. Functional Skills Entry Requirements
English GCSE D-F (1-3) / FS 1 Maths GCSE D-F (1-3) / FS 1
24 – 30 months
Food & Drink Manufacturing
End Point Assessment
Knowledge Test, Practical Observation, Professional Dialogue & Interview
Did you know this course can be tailored to your specific requirements?
Contact us for more information about tailored training.
Did you know?
We also provide training & development courses for improving operational perfomance
Bakkavor Hitchen Foods, produce prepared vegetables and convenience salads for customers including Sainsbury’s, ASDA, Morrisons and The Co-operative. A need was identified to strengthen their lean processes whilst embedding a positive behavioural and culture change across the site.
Santander Operations is a global company that manages transactions conducted by Santander Group’s banks and financial institutions in the countries where it operates. It has established Centres of Excellence providing operational management services for Santander Group entities in retail banking.
Presspart in Blackburn is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heitkamp and Thumann, a leading global supplier of precision formed metal and plastic components. The Blackburn site produces precision drawn metal components for both Industrial and Pharmaceutical uses.
Need guidance on your Levy Spend?
Download our Levy Calculator now to accurately plan and forecast your ongoing monthly, and annual spend on Apprenticeship programmes
Need advice? Training Needs Analysis
Gain a complete understanding of the current and ongoing requirements of all your employees from the shop-floor to the boardroom
Need to improve your Operational Performance?
We provide tailored training, development and consultancy solutions to drive sustainable changes in culture and deliver a tangible ROI