Improvement Technician: Driving Improvement
This programme is ideal for anyone participating in an improvement activity and wanting to gain a fundamental understanding of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. Participants will acquire the necessary tools and techniques to capably assist the implementation of a project.
Improvement Technicians will gain the skills to:
- Engage team members in the identification of improvement opportunities and relevant countermeasures and controls
- Share improvement progress through appropriate reporting
- Plan, manage and implement improvement activities
- Identify and scope improvement projects and establish clear measurable objectives
- Apply techniques to identify customers, their requirements and translate these to metrics
- Develop data collection plan and validated measurement processes to understand performance
Value Added Delivery
Qualification: CQM T&C can underpin the delivery of the apprenticeship programmes with a relevant Lean Six Sigma qualification
Measurable Impact: Each project will be defined, qualified and approved within a Profit Improvement Plan (PIP), agreed with you in advance. The PIP is a great management tool and clearly demonstrates the progress of each project using DMAIC and a RAG rating.
Mentors: We can help identify, and advise on a suitable Mentor within your organisation. We are able to provide coaching to the nominated Mentor so that they fully understand their role and what will be required of them, but also understand the guidelines within which they operate and to whom they report.
Company Values: CQM T&C are experienced at mapping company values into the delivery of an apprenticeship programme, and completely understand the importance of doing so, to ensure the programme instils the right behaviours and culture on-site.
Typical Outcomes of Improvement Technician
- Increased competitive advantage
- Significant bottom line savings
- Sustainable and measurable improvement in production
- Increase in efficient manufacturing processes & service delivery
- Reduction in Health & Safety issues
- Enhanced problem-solving capabilities
- Improved understanding of QCD, Visual Management and team working
Guaranteed Return on Investment
With a focus on sustainability and measured improvement, our development programmes always guarantee a significant Return on Investment, seen not only through financial gain, but importantly through positive behavioural change.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Our skill lies in identifying the current and ongoing needs of your business. To find out how we can further assist in developing your staff please ask for information on our range programmes which focus upon Leadership and Management Development, Strategy Development and Project Based Consultancy work.
Level of Delivery
Min. Functional Skills Entry Requirements
Pan Sector (Manufacturing & Service)
“Our investment in training has provided us with improvements worth tenfold the cost we put in, bringing Synseal a saving of £250K.”
Did you know this course can be tailored to your specific requirements?
Contact us for more information about tailored training.