Improvement Leader: Leading Strategic Improvement
Through our inspiring Masterclasses, delivered by sector experts being specialists in their field, and with appropriate coaching, CQM T&C will deliver the strategic level technical skills and knowledge your team requires to execute operational excellence effectively.
This programme is ideal for those who are responsible for developing improvement strategy, providing leadership in improvement for the business and for coaching and supporting Improvement Specialists in advanced analysis. The Improvement Leader typically reports to Board members or Heads of Department and manages (directly and/or matrix) a team of Improvement Specialists, who deploy the strategy, and lead improvement projects. They work closely with all functions of the business to support the setting and achievement of business goals, often accountable for Improvement activities within the largest-scale and highest priority programmes of work.
The Improvement Leader programme provides your employees with the skills, knowledge, and behaviours required for:
• Strategic deployment of continuous improvement, business benefits – both financial and non-financial, team formation and leadership, project management
• Measurement systems analysis, experimentation and optimisation, statistics and graphical analysis, SPC, Failure Mode Avoidance
• Voice of the Customer, change management, problem definition, process capability and performance
• Presentation and reporting, identification and prioritisation, root cause analysis, process mapping and analysis
Value added delivery
Qualification CQM T&C can underpin the delivery of the apprenticeship programmes with a Lean Six Sigma qualification.
Measurable Impact Each project will be defined, qualified and approved within a Profit Improvement Plan (PIP), agreed with you in advance. The PIP is a great management tool and clearly demonstrates the progress of each project using DMAIC and a RAG rating.
Mentors We can help identify, and advise on a suitable Mentor within your organisation. We are able to provide coaching to the nominated Mentor so that they fully understand their role and what will be required of them, but also understand the guidelines within which they operate and to whom they report.
Company Values CQM T&C are experienced at mapping company values into the delivery of an apprenticeship programme, and completely understand the importance of doing so, to ensure the programme instils the right behaviours and culture on site.
Typical Outcomes of Improvement Leaders
• Drive for results: Be a primary advocate for Improvement and Operational Excellence acting as a role model for others, focused on improving customer experience and delivering benefits
• Team Working: Actively seeks opportunities for improving team performance and coaches others to resolve under-performance issues
• Professionalism: Demonstrates personal resilience. Challenge, influence & engage seniors
• Strategic Thinking: Drives future thinking for themselves and others. Actively seeks out new ideas, opportunities methods and tools. Build a knowledge and best practice sharing network
• Safe Working: Recognises opportunities to improve safe working practices
Additional Areas of Expertise
Our skill lies in identifying the current and ongoing needs of your business. To find out how we can further assist in developing your staff please ask for information on our range of programmes which focus upon Leadership and Management Development, Strategy Development and Project Based Consultancy work.
Level of Delivery
Min. Functional Skills Entry Requirements
English GCSE A-C (4-9) / FS 2 Maths GCSE A-C (4-9) / FS 2 (A-level Maths an advantage)
Pan Sector (Manufacturing & Service)
“Within a 5 year period, from 2007-2012, we have gone from 200 employees manufacturing 300 million parts, to a workforce of 140 and an increased production of 400 million parts per year.”
Did you know this course can be tailored to your specific requirements?
Contact us for more information about tailored training.
Did you know?
We also provide training & development courses for improving operational perfomance
Arla Foods is a global dairy company and co-operative owned by 12,600 dairy farmers about 2,800 of whom are British. The milk from Arla framers goes into a full range of fresh dairy products to the UK’s major retailers and foodservice customers.
Santander Operations is a global company that manages transactions conducted by Santander Group’s banks and financial institutions in the countries where it operates. It has established Centres of Excellence providing operational management services for Santander Group entities in retail banking.
Bradford based Jacuzzi is a recognised market leader in the manufacture of kitchen sinks, taps and accessories for onward international sale, producing in excess of one million units per annum.
Need guidance on your Levy Spend?
Download our Levy Calculator now to accurately plan and forecast your ongoing monthly, and annual spend on Apprenticeship programmes
Need advice? Training Needs Analysis
Gain a complete understanding of the current and ongoing requirements of all your employees from the shop-floor to the boardroom
Need to improve your Operational Performance?
We provide tailored training, development and consultancy solutions to drive sustainable changes in culture and deliver a tangible ROI